Hail Storm Checklist
Take photos and video of the storm as it is happening and document any large stones, missing shingles, damaged personal property and landscaping.
Don’t throw any damaged personal property away until your Insurance Adjuster documents it.
Check your ceiling and look for leaks. Document any water coming in from roof leaks, broken windows, damaged vents, over-flowing gutters and window-well water.
Check to see if any skylights are damaged and leaking.
If you have active leaks, call Storm Guard for Emergency Tarping. This is almost always covered by your Insurance Company. Tarping will mitigate any interior damage and protect the roof until a new roof can be installed.
While standing on the ground, check for visible roof or gutter damage.
Call your Insurance Agent and ask about your policy:
- How much is your Hail and Wind Deductible – Is it a percentage or flat fee?
- Find out if you have Building Code Upgrade Coverage.
- Find out if you have property landscaping cleanup for your yard.
- Find out if you have emergency tarping coverage.
- Get the phone number of the claims department so you can file a claim.